HO Centipede w/DCC & Sound, Demo #6000A/#6000B
Broadway Limited Imports Part BLI2094. HO Centipede w/DCC & Sound, Demo #6000A/#6000B.
- Beautifully detailed and accurate model
- Precision paint, color and lettering schemes
- Paragon 2 sound and operation system with authentic sounds and prototypical operation for both DC and DCC systems
- Many separately applied details
- Constant intensity directional lighting
- Lighted number boards
- Factory installed engineer & fireman figures
- Precision gearing for smooth, powerful operation
- Auto Pilot equipped for automatic operation
- Back EMF for superb slow speed operation
Baldwin produced the famous "Centipede" diesel locomotives during 1945-48, and sold them to three railroads (SAL, NdM, and PRR). The Centipedes were very large, 91 1/2 feet long, for single units as operated on SAL and NdM, and 183 feet long for semi-permanently coupled pairs as operated on the PRR. Each unit contained two 1500 horsepower diesel motors, so a pair contained four motors and totaled 6000 horsepower. Centipedes were heavy, totaling 1,200,000 pounds (1.2 million) for a pair, with more than 800,000 of those pounds carried by the 16 drivers. These spectacular diesel locomotives are a must have for any Pennsy diesel modeler as well as anyone who wants to showcase a unique locomotive on their layout.
There are no additional Resources for this item.