RC Rock Crawler vehicles require precise movement control at very slow speeds. Therefore, it makes sense to use equipment specifically designed for this purpose. One of the few R/C manufacturers who produces electronic products specifically designed for crawling, Novak Electronics, offers the new sensor-based Crawler Brushless Motor and System equipped with features that enable crawlers to climb over, maneuver through, and conquer the most challenging environments.
The Novak Crawler Line - Brushless and Brushed Applications
Whether you run brushless or brush, Team Novak has it covered. The Goat Crawler Brushless System (Novak 3019) includes the Goat Crawler Brushless/Brush ESC (Novak 3219) and the Crawler Sintered Brushless Motor (Novak 3419). For brush motor users, Novak is pleased to offer the Rooster Crawler Edition ESC (Novak 1841). The Goat features built-in brushless motor rotation software and four fully programmable throttle profiles. The Rooste Crawler Edition features two throttle profiles. All profiles feature Zero Reverse Delay and the high-powered Hill Brakes for excellent control. Both ESC's have the following features in common:
- Compatible with popular crawler vehicles, including the Axial AX10 Scorpion
- Build-In Li-Poly Cut-Off Protection which prevents Li-Po battery damage
- Heavy-Duty 6V - 5A BEC
- Built-in Power Output for optional 6V Accessory Fan or other detail items such as lights
- Gold-Plated PCB Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs for flexible soldering options
- Factory installed power capacitor
- User replaceable input harness
- Water resistant case
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Novak One-Touch Set-Up
- Novak Radio-Priority Circuitry
- Novak Polar Drive Circuitry
Crawler Brushless Motor Features
- Designed for RC vehicles that require precise movement control.
- Sensor-based technology for excellent low-speed drivability.
- High-strength Sintered rotor for unmatched performance.
- Oversized Front Bearing for extra durability and extended life.
- Aluminum ribbed end bells for additional cooling.
- Direct-Solder Wiring Tabs for flexible soldering options.
- Ideal for vehicles that have separate transmissions like the Tamiya Clod Buster (2 systems required).
- Minimal Maintenance.
- Thermal Overload Protection.
Crawler Brushless Motor Specs
- Number of Turns: 18.5
- Design: Sensor-based
- Input Voltage: 4-7 cells (1.2V/cell) or 2S Li-Po cells.
- KV (unloaded): 2,700 RPM/Volt.
- Watts: 119.
- Motor Size: 2.08”L x 1.41”D (52.8 x 35.8mm).
- Shaft Diameter: 0.125” (3.2 mm) - accepts all existing pinion gears.
- Bearing: Oversized (1/2” x 3/16”) Front; Standard Rear (3/8" x 1/8").
- Motor Weight: 6.73 oz. (191 grams).
- Magnet: Sintered Neodymium (one-piece, multi-pole cylindrical high-strength).
Goat On-Board One-Touch Programming
- High-Power Hill/Drag Brakes - 8 Brushless and 10 Brush settings.
- Minimum Drive - 5 settings.
- Deadband - 5 settings.
- Li-Po Cut-Off Circuitry - on/off.
- Drive Frequency - 7 settings in brush mode only.
- Reverse Motor Rotation - on/off in brushless mode only.
4 Goat Throttle Profiles
- Standard Crawler: maintains crawler motor response in both forward and reverse, and features high powered drag brake.
- Expo Crawler: features the standard crawler profile, but uses a built-insmoother exponential throttle response to accomodate entry-level transmitters.
- Servo/Robotic Mode: features precise and symmetrical motor control in forward and reverse for robot applications, but without the drag brake.
- Brushed Mode: automatically selected brushed-motor mode and is intended for brushed motors down to 27-turns.
Goat Crawler Brushless/Brush ESC Specs
- On-Resistance: .0012 ohms (brushless per phase) .0012 ohms (brushed).
- Weight w/o wires: 1.49oz. (42.2g).
- Drive & Brake Current: 120 amps (brushless per phase) 120 amps (brushed).
- Motor Limit: 18.5 turns (brushless) 27 turn stock motor (brushed mode).
- Battery/Motor Plug: Tamiya (battery), None (motor).
- Drive Profiles: 4.
- Status LED's: 2.
Rooster Crawler Edition Specs
- On-Resistance: .0014 ohms (forward) - .0028 ohms (reverse).
- Weight w/o wires: 1.57oz. (44.5g).
- Drive & Brake Current: 400 amps (forward) 200 amps (reverse).
- Motor Limit: 27 turn brushed at 6 cells NiMh.
- Battery/Motor Plug: Tamiya (battery), Bullet Connector (motor).
- Drive Profiles: 2.
- Status LED's: 2.
Here's a few more Crawler Pages: