Roundhouse HO GP40-2, CR #3303
- See-through cab windows
- Factory installed Celcon handrails
- Individually applied wire formed grab irons
- 5-pole motor with precision-machined flywheels and multi-link drive train for trouble free operation
- DCC Ready 8 and 9 pin plugs
- Illuminated front and rear headlights
- Nickel plated, blackened machined wheels
- Wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brand of track
- Replacement parts available including motor brushes
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
The EMD GP series locomotives became some of the most successful designs of the age. Produced from 1970s to mid 1980s the GP40-2 was quickly found in many different tasks of the railroad. From switching to pulling high priority freight trains across the country, these versatile locomotives brought the goods to North America. Many of these locomotives are now being rebuilt with ecologically sound emission control for higher population centers. A new era emerges as technology meets proven reliability for these EMD products.
Athearn brings these representative locomotives alongside regular freight trains that were commonplace. Sharing the new golden age of railroading!
|Minimum Age Recommendation:||14 years|
Search Terms: ath_0317, roundhouse, emd, diesel
Roundhouse HO GP40-2, CR #3303 Reviews