Kato USA, Inc. N SD70ACe, MKT/Heritage #1988
Manufacturer: Kato USA, Inc.
- Heritage units will be specially painted with their unique paint schemes to honor their respective railroads
- Newly designed prototype-accurate bolsterless non-radial HTSC truck and five chime airhorn
- Exceptional and crisp molding to accentuate the distinct angular lines of the nose and high dynamic brake
- Powerful five-pole KATO motor with dual brass flywheels
- Directional Headlight and illuminated, preprinted numberboards
- Illuminated ditch lights
- Kato magnetic knuckle coupler
The SD70ACe is the latest in the line of EMD's "70" locomotives, an evolution of the SD70MAC, although its radiator design harkens more to that of the SD80/90 body. The SD70ACe has been designed to fit the latest EPA standards and regulations, and sports 4300 horsepower.
The Union Pacific has currently put in the largest purchase order for these units, and as a display of respect for the railroads it has incorporated, has produced six "Heritage" style painted locomotives with road numbers designated by the year they were merged into the UP.
Kato USA, Inc. N SD70ACe, MKT/Heritage #1988 Reviews